In this article, we are going to provide you with a full explanation of how you can obtain an Indian Medical Visa and/or Indian Medical Attendant Visa. We’re also going to cover the process you need to go through in order to get one, as well as what will happen when you enter India with one.
The Indian Medical Visa
An Indian medical visa is required for those who wish to receive medical treatment in India. The requirements for an Indian medical visa are as follows:
1) A completed and signed visa application form.
2) A valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity and at least two blank pages.
3) Two recent passport-size photographs of the applicant, taken within the last six months.
4) A letter from a licensed physician or medical facility in India, confirming the need for medical treatment in India and the dates of treatment.
5) Proof of financial ability to pay for medical expenses in India, such as a letter from an employer or bank statement.
6) A letter from your health insurance provider, confirming that your policy will cover medical expenses incurred in India.
The Indian Medical Attendant Visa
The Indian Medical Attendant Visa is a type of visa that allows the holder to enter India for the purpose of accompanying a patient who is receiving medical treatment in India. The visa is valid for a maximum period of six months and can be extended for up to one year.
To apply for an Indian Medical Attendant Visa, the applicant must submit the following documents:
A duly completed and signed application form.
A passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of entry into India.
Two photographs (35mm x 45mm) with a white background.
A copy of the medical report from the treating doctor in India, detailing the nature of the illness and specifying the planned period of treatment in India.
A letter from the hospital or clinic in India where the patient will be receiving treatment, confirming that they are willing to admit and treat the patient.
Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the cost of medical treatment and living expenses in India (e.g. bank statements, traveller’s cheques, etc.).
Requirements to Apply for an Indian Medical Visa
- Indian medical visas are available for citizens of certain countries who are seeking medical treatment in India.
- To apply for an Indian medical visa, you will need a valid passport, a recent passport-sized photograph, and a letter from your doctor or hospital in India stating the purpose of your visit.
- You will also need to submit an online application form and pay the visa fee.
- Indian medical visas are typically valid for six months to one year, and can be extended if necessary.
Requirements to Apply for an Indian Medical Attendant Visa
To apply for an Indian Medical Attendant Visa, you will need to have the following:
-A valid passport
-A completed visa application form
-Two recent passport-sized photographs
-A letter from a licensed medical practitioner or facility in India detailing the purpose of your visit and confirming that you are seeking medical treatment in India
-Proof of financial capability to cover your expenses while in India
-A yellow fever vaccination certificate if you are coming from a country where yellow fever is endemic