Have you ever wondered how much time it takes to process an Indian Visa overseas? If you are traveling abroad, know that this process will take a bit more than what some people might be comfortable with. However, those who have just been put in the position of needing to get an Indian Visa can attest to its frustrating aspects.
The Perks of Having an Indian Visa
If you are a citizen of India, and you want to visit or live in the Netherlands, you will need a Indian Visa for Netherlands Citizens. The Dutch government has recently started processing Indian visas faster than those from other countries, so if you are applying from the Netherlands, your visa application may be processed within just a few days.
Apart from the speedy processing time, another advantage of having an Indian visa is that it allows for multiple entries into the Netherlands. This means that if you have to travel back and forth between the Netherlands and India for work or vacation, your Indian visa will allow you to do so without any issues.
Moreover, if you have an Indian visa and are traveling to Portugal, you will not need a separate Portuguese visa. Instead, your Indian visa will be valid for both Portugal and the Netherlands.
So if you are interested in visiting or living in the Netherlands, and your passport is valid for at least six months after your planned departure date, consider applying for an Indian visa. It is likely that your application will be processed quickly and without any hassles.
How to Apply for an Indian Visa
Indian Visa for Portuguese Citizens There are a few steps you need to take before applying for an Indian visa. :
- Visit the Indian Embassy in your country of residence or the nearest Indian consulate.
- Complete an online application form and print it out. (You can also save the form to your computer for future reference.)
- Carry a valid passport, one photo ID, and proof of onward travel if you will be staying longer than 90 days in India. If you are visiting India for tourism, you may be able to bring a valid passport, visa, and airline ticket from your home country. :
- Submit all required documents to the Indian Embassy or Consulate along with the application fee (in cash). :
- Wait for an approval letter from the Embassy or Consulate before you travel to India. The letter will include information about how to get your visa at the airport in India and what to do if there is a problem with your visa application while you are in India. :
- Make sure that you have all the proper documentation when you arrive in India – including your visa, passport, airline ticket, and any other documents
Pros and Cons of Applying for an Indian Visa
If you are a citizen of India and want to visit Netherlands, then you should apply for an Indian visa. However, there are some pros and cons of applying for an Indian visa.
The pros of applying for an Indian visa include that it is straightforward and can be done online. The cons of applying for an Indian visa include that it can take up to six weeks to receive a response and there is a fee associated with applying for an Indian visa.
What to Expect when you Get your Indian Visa
When you get your Indian visa, you will need to provide some documents to the embassy or consulate. These documents will include your passport, a recent photograph, and a visa application form. You will also need to pay the fee for your visa. After you submit the documents and pay the fee, the embassy or consulate will process your visa. Depending on your nationality, you may have to wait anywhere from a few days to several weeks for your visa to be processed. Once your visa is processed, you will receive a notification in the mail. You are then ready to travel to India!
If you are a Dutch citizen and want to visit India, you need an Indian visa. If you are a Portuguese citizen and want to visit India, you need an Indian visa if your stay in India is longer than six months.